Acupuncture has been around for thousands of years. While it’s still commonly performed in its traditional form, individuals have altered it throughout the years to accommodate and treat different medical conditions. Acupuncture has been shown to work thru various means that western science has proven. These are up regulating endogenous opioids (pain relievers: enkephalin, beta-endorphin, endomorphin and dynorphin) and down regulating substance P (a pain chemical), reducing local inflammation by inhibition of pro-inflammatory cytokines, increase nitric oxide and local blood flow.Read More
- Five Signs of a Leaky Gut and What to Do About It: Advice from a Chicago Osteopathic Physician
- A Condensed History of Osteopathic Medicine: Perspective from a Chicago Osteopathic Physician
- Understanding Food Sensitivities
- What Happens When You Don’t Consume Enough Magnesium?
- Five Supplements to Help You Optimize Your Health in Chicago, Illinois